This program is designed for anyone who feels called to ministry, whether in a vocational capacity or simply in their daily lives. We believe that every Christian has a role to play in fulfilling the Great Commission and sharing the gospel with the world.
At Faith School of Ministry, we make use of the affordable Berean courses offered by Global University. These courses are designed to be completed in as little as two months and are packed with theology and practical ministry skills. As a licensed study group of Global University, we are able to offer these courses to you at an affordable price.
Students enrolled in Faith School of Ministry will work on study material, meet with a mentor once a month, and come to monthly classes on the 4th Tuesday of the month. These classes are a two-hour period for discussing course content, sharing questions, and learning additional practical ministry skills such as planning events and building teams.
Faith School of Ministry is not just a program for those who feel called to vocational ministry but for anyone who wants to deepen their understanding of the Bible and grow in their faith. It is a great way to engage the Word on a whole new level and connect with other believers who share your passion for ministry.
- To provide affordable education to people who feel called to ministry.
- To provide increased accountability and support in helping people prepare for their call.
- Create classroom experiences to enhance education.
- Provide an opportunity for students to share with their peers.
- Utilize Berean School of the Bible courses, on a two-month academic structure.
- Every 4th Tuesday all students will meet from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM for:
- One-hour practical ministry training that is not covered in any course.
- One-hour lesson/discussion to enhance learning. through Berean School of the Bible courses which will provide:
- Additional teaching
- Additional question/answer time
- An atmosphere for peer-to-peer learning and encouragement.
Level One (Certified)
Upon completion of the Level One Ministerial Certificate, a student should possess the academic requirements to apply for Certified Minister status with the US General Council of the Assemblies of God. This would include a working knowledge of Bible study methods, New Testament content, and Pentecostal doctrine. He or she should possess the basic skills needed to begin serving in a ministerial role in the local church.
Level Two (Licensed)
Upon completion of the Level Two Ministerial Certificate, a student should possess the academic requirements to apply for Licensed Minister status with the US General Council of the Assemblies of God. This would include a mastery of specified Bible content, systematic theology, and ministry skills.
Level Three (Ordained)
Upon completion of the Level Three Ministerial Certificate, a student should possess the academic requirements to apply for Ordained Minister status with the US General Council of the Assemblies of God. This would include mastery of several of the more difficult books of the Bible, advanced theological concepts, and administrative skills required for ministerial roles.
- Christ in the Synoptic Gospels
- Introduction to Hermeneutics:
- New Testament Survey
- Old Testament Survey
- A Spirit-Empowered Church:
- Relationships and Ethics in Ministry
- Beginning Ministerial Internship
- Introduction to Pentecostal Doctrine
- Assemblies of God: History
- Introduction to Theology
- Prison Epistles
- Romans: Justification by Faith
- The Local Church in Evangelism
- Introduction to Homiletics
- Effective Leadership
- Assemblies of God Missions
- Conflict Management
- Intermediate Ministerial Internship
- The Corinthian Correspondence
- The Pentateuch
- The Poetic Books
- Preaching in the Contemporary World
- Church Administration, Finance, and Law
- Pastoral Ministry
- Advanced Ministerial Internship
- Prayer and Worship
What is the Cost?
- App Fee: $30
- Digital Course: $80
- Print Course: $95
Courses are purchased from Global University, of which our Church is a registered Study Group. This allows us to obtain courses at a discount. There is a $30 application fee, and then courses are generally $80 for digital and $95 for print. Some courses have optional additional reading. If a course is not completed within 6 months, there is a $20 reactivation fee. If it is not completed in the next 6 months, the whole course has to be paid for again.
How Long Does it Take to Get Started?
Once we have your application, app fee, and first-course payment, we can submit it to Global University and get it ordered for you. Digital courses are usually available in 24 hours, and print courses in under two weeks.
How Long is Each Course?
Each course is usually made up of 4 Units of 4 Lessons each. If worked on for 30-60 minutes a day, you can expect to complete it in about a month. You have 6 months to complete the course before there is a $20 extension fee. We suggest students aim for a 2-month completion schedule.
After I Complete this Program Will I have Pastoral Credentials?
The Berean courses themselves do not confer credentials. Pastoral credentials can only be obtained by applying to an Assemblies of God District office. However, the Berean courses were designed by the AG to be the exact education required to apply for credentials.