Sermon-Based Small Group
Theme: What Does it Mean to be Saved?
Get to Know Me: What is the story behind the time you went the longest without sleep?
Into the Bible Questions:
- Matthew 7:15-27
- How can you tell the difference between something that is genuine or fake?
- Why do you think people try to portray something that they are not?
- What does God see in people that people don’t see in themselves?
- According to what we just read, what key component should be found in the life of a believer in Jesus Christ?
- According to this text, what does God know about you?
- What about this makes you feel sad?
- What about this makes you feel happy?
What Does God Want from Me?
- What does “Loving God” look like to you?
- What are tangible ways that we can love people like we love God?
- What does Jesus mean when he tells the Scribe that “he’s not far from the Kingdom of God”?
- In this story, what’s the difference between the sheep and the goats?
- When we serve or help others, how are we doing it as unto Jesus?
- How does this text influence you in your future response to needs that you may encounter later on?