Sermon-Based Small Group
Title: Evidence. Exhibit F: The Witness.
Theme: Personal Evangelism.
Get to Know Me: Where did you go to find adventure as a kid?
Into the Bible Questions:
- Why do you think this persecution motivated the church to share Jesus more?
- In verse 4, what do you think “preaching everywhere they went”, looked like?
- Has God ever done anything supernatural through you? Explain.
- How did the last conversation you had with someone about Jesus go? Share.
- How is sharing your faith like an adventure you experienced as a kid?
Spend Time with Jesus.
- What are the distractions that keep you from spending time with Jesus?
- How does time with Jesus keep you focused on His mission?
- Is your time with Jesus more relational or routine or both? Explain.
- How does humility play into spending time with Jesus?
Ask Jesus to fill you with the Holy Spirit.
Acts 9:1-7; Acts 1:8, Acts 2:39-40
- Is there a difference between Baptism in the Holy Spirit and receiving the Spirit at Salvation?
- What do you think the purpose of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is?
- If you’ve received the baptism, describe a time when you were emboldened by the Spirit.
- If the Baptism empowers us to be witnesses for Christ, should we actively seek or ask for it?
- Is the Baptism for only a select few people?
- Take time to pray and ask for the Holy Spirit.