Sermon-Based Small Group
Title: Evidence. Exhibit C: Your Love Life.
Theme: Is There enough evidence of proving you guilty of being a Christian?
Get to Know Me: How would you describe your favorite meal — appetizer, drink, entree and/or dessert?
Into the Bible Questions:
- Why does obedience to God signify as love for God?
- Can someone love God and live in disobedience to Him? Explain.
- How important is it that we model our love and obedience to God in front of our Children? Describe your personal insights.
Obedience isn’t Optional for Christians
- How have you developed a love for God’s Word?
- According to this text, what are some of the benefits of loving God’s Word?
- In your own life, how has God’s Word impacted your ability to obey God?
Obedience Brings Blessing
1 John 2:1-6
- Does living in obedience mean that we’ll never sin? Explain.
- How does John describe obedience and love in this text?
- In what ways does your life look like Jesus’? In what ways doesn’t it?
How Do I Walk in Obedience to God?
- How would you describe “walking in the Spirit”?
- Is it possible to not gratify the flesh? Explain.
- How do we cultivate the fruit of the Spirit in our own lives?
- How do we crucify our fleshly passions and desires?